In the world of 3D scanning, reverse engineering is the process of taking an existing physical object and creating a 3D CAD model. The advantage of using a 3D scanner for this process is that it is much more accurate and faster than any manual measurement methods for complex parts.
BENEFITS OF 3D SCANNING
- - Very accurate method of capturing a physical part – up to 15 micron (.015mm /.00059”)
- - Capture complex and organic shapes quickly
- - Non-contact methods ensure accuracy and integrity of the data captured
- - Much faster method of generating surface and solid models
- - Modify an existing design from 3D Scan data
- - Design parts to fit up to or integrate with an existing object
- - Capture very small details – down to 16 micron (.016mm / .0006”) point spacing
REVERSE ENGINEERING DELIVERABLES:
- - Point cloud data – color or non-color – PTS, PTX, XYZ
- - Polygon models – STL, PLY, OBJ, VRML
- - 3D Surface model –IGES, STEP
- - Feature based solid model & assemblies – IGES, STEP, ParaSolid, SolidWorks
- - Hybrid CAD model (surfaces and solids) – IGES, STEP, ParaSolid, SolidWorks
- - Photo realistic renderings
- - Drawings
- - Animations
FROM YOUR IDEA TO 3D MODELLING PROTOTYPE TO THE FINAL FINISHED WORKPIECE.
SMART ELECTRONICAL AND REVOLUTIONARY SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS.